An auto-reload service was built into Pattern Lab 1. With Pattern Lab 2 this feature has been removed. This feature may return as a plugin in the same way that the Auto-Reload service did.
The Pattern Lab’s Page Follow feature gives developers the ability to have one browser control other browsers that connect to the Pattern Lab website. Pattern Lab Node utilizes BrowserSync to synchronize all connected browsers and devices.
How to Start and Connect to Pattern Lab with BrowserSync
gulp patternlab:serve or
grunt patternlab:serve from the command line of your working directory will start up Pattern Lab with BrowserSync. By default, BrowserSync will output four URLs of note:
- Local: http://localhost:3000
- External: http://your.ip.address:3000
- UI: http://localhost:3001
- UI External: http://your.ip.address:3001
Any browsers on your machine will be able access these URLs. Browsers on other machines or devices on the same network should use the external URLs. Connecting to the Pattern Lab website will inform users they are also connected to BrowserSync.
How to Stop the Page Follow
To stop watching files on Mac OS X and Windows you can press
CTRL+C in the command line window where the process is running.
- See all connected devices and browsers
- Open new tabbed instances of the Pattern Lab website on devices
- Sync all connected devices
- Reload all connected devices
- Scroll all connected devices to the top
- Toggle mouse click synchronization
- Toggle scroll synchronization
- Toggle form submission synchronization
- Toggle form input synchronization
- View browsing history of the connect session
- Toggle remote debugging tools
- Artificially throttle the network